Notes from the meeting held in May 2014
The meeting opened with welcome, exhortation and toast to 'Absent friends'.
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE THE AGM IN JULY
Please bring annual subscriptions with your CARD and pay Joyce.
- Apologies were received from Ken, Doreen, Brenda, Olga, Ann, Ted, Ken, Betty, Ray J, Stan, Della, Nick
- Wally had a 'really good send off'. Thanks to those who attended.
- Confirmed that we will have a Festive Fish & Chip Lunch on Thursday 6th November when we can have a post lunch 'treat' of watching the highlights of the trip.
- Omission of the most important part of the Eagles Nest presentation: when the car drove up to the top there was nowhere to turn so he had to reverse down the hill, then turn and reverse up the hill!!
- The Holland trip itinerary will be announced as soon as we have news.
- Confirmed that a donation from Alan was received to pay for the 12 members from MGCA to join the Federation. Thanks Alan.
- Brian, who will be attending the Federation meetings as Liaison Officer for National Service Veterans, will act as our information gatherer. Thanks Brian.
- Ted unwell but Treasurer's report c£1000. Our subs and raffle cover the cost of the room hire.
- Again, location for MGCA was discussed as other groups have moved.
- Ian suggested a trip next May to Holland. Well accepted.
Volunteers for collections please. Contact Pete. Details below. Friday 13TH June 2014 Asda Oldbury Superstore, Wolverhampton Road, Oldbury, B69 4PU, Sat 14 / Sun 15, Asda Cape Hill Superstore, off Windmill Lane, Smethwick, Birmingham, B66 3EN
- Suggested we might join with other associations for days out. 18-21 July to War & Peace w/e at Folkestone, £200, this w/e is subsidised by NVA, for more details contact Peter Lloyd, 0121 422 0649.
- Past two collections was very successful, ASDA Great Bridge; raised £1,500, Morrison’s, Sheldon; raised £2,135, with the help from; Alan James, Ray Butler, Ray Johnson, Ray Pardoe, Fred Hadley, Les Reeves, Bill Bennett, Tony Brittain, Tony Martin, George Barrett, Carol Pardoe, Sylvia Bennett, Dee Nicholls
- Good to see Dennis and the other three veterans who made it.
- The meeting closed at 13.35hrs.
2014 AGM AGENDA
- Membership costs
- May 2015 trip
- Dates for 2015 to be confirmed:
- For more detailed dates please use the contact form