Notes from the meeting held in January 2014
A Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year to Everyone!
The meeting opened with welcome, exhortation and toast to 'Absent friends', and especially remembering those who gave their lives in WW1, this being the 100th Anniversary year, and to those who fell in June in Normandy and Arnhem in the 70th Commemorative year.
- The Festive Lunch took place and everyone appeared to enjoy the occasion. It was good to see Dennis, Fred and Ray.
- There are 20 people booked for the Holland trip.
- At the end of the meal fliers regarding the trip were distributed to be displayed and advertised in local libraries, meeting places and clubs. Please do your best to let people know not only about the trip, but about the association, details of which are enclosed on the flier. It is up to us to make people aware of the association if it is to continue over the years for the next generation. Involve your families and friends!
- Treasurer £966. It was confirmed that the outstanding amount for lunch would be paid for through MGCA. The payment to the Federation for MGCA members who are not members through any other association was confirmed. I have a list from NVA of their members. Other than one Para, no other information was received regarding other associations so VC will proceed with that task. < span class='highlight'>PLEASE PHONE VC BY FEBRUARY 5TH IF YOU WISH TO BE A MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION VIA MGCA AND ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION VIA ANOTHER ASSOCIATION ALREADY.
- There being no Veteran to volunteer a short biography for the next meeting, Alan offered to give a brief presentation about 'The Eagles Nest'.
- Tony's address was triple checked and confirmed. He thanked everyone for their good wishes during the time of upheaval!
- A collection for the staff was held.
- PL objected to the Federation payment being made through MGCA. This will be raised at the next meeting.
Sadly, it was announced this week that Fred Flint had passed away. No details of the funeral service are available yet. Our condolences go to his son and family.
THE NEXT MEETING OF MGCA WILL BE HELD IN MARCH AT 12 NOON.