Notes from the meeting held in September 2013
The meeting opened with welcome, exhortation and toast to 'Absent friends'. Sadly, the meeting heard of the death of Della Reeves. Funeral arrangements were announced.
If you wish to attend the FESTIVE LUNCH in January I need deposit and menu by/at the next meeting in November please.
- A new member, Niamh, was introduced. She brings our total to 44!
- Apologies were received from Carole, Dennis Della2, Harold, Olga, Geoff & Nora, Lester, Ray
- The membership cards are now all sorted
- Balance stands at £818.97
- Insurance for Holland: tell Towergate you have booked with Ian Powell at Nash's and all will be ok. As a group it would cost £32.55 for 7 days. Speak with Alan
- Request for the email to be reset to Ian regarding the £100 donation and will be collected by Pete
- The Ropewalk is now booked until September next year
- Alan will be in Holland this year for commemorations
- Please let Val know by 9th September if you wish to go to the Ash Tree for lunch
- 17th September at Airewas: Pete will organise the Padre, service at 11am, memorial at noon, lunch after
- A web page is being created by Alan with the aid of his son-in- law. It should soon be up and running
- Tony Martin gave a bio of this time from 1939ff. This will appear on the website. Thanks Tony
- Dennis is out of hospital but feeling 'frail' with not having had exercise
- Ray has had a pacemaker fitted and is cheerful
- Pete has organised some collection days to raise money for NV. Can organise same for MGCA
- Question raised as to amalgamation with NV as they close in Nov 2014